charging system

I have no idea what's wrong or even what you're doing.
If your volt meter can't read voltage something is wrong with it, or you are using it incorrectly.

Without a better description of what you're doing it's hard to say what's wrong.

As BBS360 says need better description of the "problem".

Maybe start with what model we are talking about, what year? What do you mean by "flickering"?

Is this a "new" problem? Or is this the first time you have worked on this bike?

Have you tried checking voltage at the battery with engine off? If so what do you get?

Next how about with engine running? At idle speed? Or with engine reve'd up some like 3,500 rpm?

I and others know you are looking for answers but as "we" are not there before anyone can offer possible answers "we" need to get some idea of what the real problem is and when it began. I'd love to be able to say that red wire on the green relay needs to be cleaned and reinstalled but that is just not the way troubleshooting a problem works.

On another forum totally removed from motorcycles people have been struggling with a problem for over a year and 99% of the problem in solving this persons problem has been due to lack of accurate feed back from the original poster. Don't take it personal, but you are the only link we have to the problem you are having so if you don't give us the information we need we can not give you the solution!

And before anyone else chimes in I do know "The Answer is 42"!

Back