Chopper build - intro

Yes, he sent it to me in an email. I will look for it. I cut right at the front of the kick stand tab on the bottom tubes. Can't remember on the back bone.

That stock backbone tubing that you see there is rather thin, was the new hardtail backbone slugged all the way up to the neck or is that stock tubing strong enough even after cutting out the 2 side tubes?

I'm only curious, I'm not an engineer so I'd like err on the safe side, especially since I won't be riding it. I am replacing the backbone with a .120 piece since I'm also removing the 2 side tubes to fit a tank.

Its slugged, and then you weld in the brace to hold the top motor mount. If it bends there I have bigger things to worry about, like if they cremated me or not

If you look closely in this picture you can see it. It is a piece of 1" DOM, .125 wall that runs from the front of the frame (where the two tubes hooked) straight back. Look at the top motor mount and you can see it. The bike is actually done, I should take some pictures of it to post.

Ah, I see it now. Also, with the hardtail kit the backbone now extends down to the bottom of the frame as well so that strengthens it too.

Thanks!

Long time no update. I finished the bike last summer and never rode it much. It wouldnt charge. Swapped stator, reg/rec and no change. Just random charging. Some days it would, others it wouldnt. So over the winter I did a PMA set up using a banshee stator. All was good then.

Changed wheels to mags, put a 2 to 1 on it and a spun aluminum fender

One thing led to another and I decided to race the bike again. 4 different riders ran it over 100 mph with the top speed being 104.xxx . I am thinking about putting it back on the street again as I have far to many race bikes

13139352_10154143730351948_5112220776170677607_n.jpg

As mentioned 4 of us ran it over 100 mph. Top speed was 104.733 on VP109E. Handling wise was great. If anything it was boring to ride. Shift at 10k and wait for the traps. It might have a bit more in it if I really wanted to get into it. I was just happy with speeds over 100 on it

Back