coil has crack -- need help

ob269

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
First off, new here =)
But anyways: I am looking at a xs400. they guy that has it says the coil has a crack which causes it to stall once warmed up..
I have never owned a motorcycle, rode a dirt bike many times but never worked on one. How much trouble is it to change one?

Okay, excuse my noobness lol..
I mean the ignition coil. Also what's a good site to get parts from(I.e. ignition coil lol)

xs400's only have single coils, one right and one left. Mikesxs.net sell them for the 400 also lots of used ones on ebay.

I have a spare backup set of coils, make me an offer, or if you just want one of them. They test out good but need caps which I would get anyway.
1L9-82310-51 is good for 77, 78's and 79 F's

xs400's only have single coils, one right and one left. Mikesxs.net sell them for the 400 also lots of used ones on ebay.

I checked out mikesxs and he has them for 26.50 a piece new.. sounds like a good deal?

I have a spare backup set of coils, make me an offer, or if you just want one of them. They test out good but need caps which I would get anyway.
1L9-82310-51 is good for 77, 78's and 79 F's

I have no idea what used ones would go for.. make a suggestion? I don't wanna low ball and offend..

or go ebaying
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=1L9-82310-51&_sacat=35579&_odkw=xs400&_sop=10&_osacat=35579

How much trouble ? --- Tank off, two nuts holding them on. Quite easy.

Awesome dude, thanks!

and 1 nut steering :D

Hahaha. Nice man =)

Back