Coils Shot, Again (long post) --maybe I am too techie--

Good luck Have you tried any of those reversed drill bits? They seem to work wonderfully at the shop. As for the rain I go by the Crow river in Nw Henn co and it's like the Mississippi. You should see the Rum river in town. Oldsters say it's the highest ever seen in their life time. Can't wait to take my back road to Cambridge for Groceries. Hope I can keep the Subaru dry!!!! What's the Schooling for?? Ya already sound really smart!!!

Dear Mr. Stubb, LOL because I'm going nuts. My left turn signal doesn't work, and now my left cylinder doesn't fire. Coil? Points? WTHeck? I hate electrical gremlins!

Dear diary Im going nuts because my bike refuses to turn over or start by kicking it over.My signals quit all together and have no sparl to either cylinder I hate electrical gremlins to the 3rd degree:wtf::laugh:

Good luck Have you tried any of those reversed drill bits?
It took me 3 trips to fleet farm/home depot to get what I need, and still couldn't get it to budge. I am hoping its has been soaking in PB Blaster over night. Neighbour suggested to torch it. I tried it a little bit, but it doesn't make sense too me. If the aluminum expands, its going to compress the chome alloy of the bolt, and therefore lock it in place. I don't have a welder of any sort, so I am still attempting to work the angle with the reverse screw extractors. Its in the 4mm spot, so its small, I am using the 5/64ths, and the picked up the 7/.. (i forgot) I just got home from work. So I have widen the hole to the 7/.. size, and still no go from yesterday, after nap, I will give it a shot.

As for the rain I go by the Crow river in Nw Henn co and it's like the Mississippi. You should see the Rum river in town. Oldsters say it's the highest ever seen in their life time. Can't wait to take my back road to Cambridge for Groceries. Hope I can keep the Subaru dry!!!!
I drive from the airport, and I am amazed at the flooded prairie land that I use to ride my bicicly on, 12 to 15 years ago. Wow its high, a guy I work with said he has 7 feet of water in his yard. not affecting his house. His neibougbours he thinks are dumas's, due to the fact that that is a flood area, and the replacing things that flood out every 2 years, is just plain stupid. kinda like those poeple that live in hurricane zones, and have to rebuild every couple years.

What's the Schooling for?? Ya already sound really smart!!!
I am Bethel,doing Org leadership. Its a nice program, I am just hoping to get most of the education done before the GI-bill runs out.

Yep Never could understand why folks buy or build in flood or hurricane zones. Guess it's sort of a way to thumb their nose at Mom Nature. Bet she wins!!!!! Insurance companies have to increase their rates across the board to compensate for those dareing fools. But I do have to say the view is marvelous!!! 3 trips? is that All?? I used to make that just for a few bolts. But now with Menards and most any good home improvement store a 20 mi trip I have to plan ahead for 1 trip and get extra just in case.

Here's an off the wall thought. Are you sure that when you turn off the bike there's no power going to the coils? I have seen on my lawn tractor that a bad ignition switch could send power to the coil with the switch off. I know if you use the Kill switch to shut it off with the ignition still on then turn the kill switch back on is it possible??? Also take this as coming from a guy just home from work and tired Very very tired. (near drunken babbeling?) I also am having electrical issues with broken wires on my turn signal switch and only the right signal working but no left. Even with me hot wireing the left signal. Can anyone say Ghost in the machine's??? Anyone with both R & L switch assemblies for an 80 I'll trade you a 1 12 yo opinionated chicken (Beagle) for them. (then i'll have to find another place to live)

Stellar news. I was able to re solder the wires back to the switch and get it back together. Still No flashing on the left but there's some hope. Took the lights apart bulbs good front socket good rear socket rusty. Cleaned it all up & success!!! Both flash including the dash indicator1 Took it for a little victory ride and ran outa gas.:banghead: No longer willing to barter the Beagle for switches.:shrug:

Lucky dog. Looks Like I ran out of time, my stator housing is shot, or nearly. I am having a hard time getting the screwwed up screws out, of the 4mm screws out. I have a new tap, to clean up the screws, but its a looking like I am going to be missing out of bike time. I will be away till Aug now. while I have down time, I will be looking for a Stator housing. and then not worry about this one.

Last edited:
Back