Cold snap!

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Dang it just when I getting prepared to start my bike for the 1st time this seson we have a cold snap coming with very cold temps in the lower to mid 20`s for the next 4 days.Looks like I`ll be waiting some more.:banghead:

Well if this is Mother natures way of a joke its very cruel.I have a nice elm or oak that the buds opened up with 3 days of warm weather we had.Then we had a hard freeze last night.Well the buds are brown now indicating damage from the freeze.:mad::yikes:

Stupid trees, Mother nature has been pulling this same lame joke for millions of years and the trees fall for it every time... :laugh:

I am conflicted. Cold weather means I can't ride but also that I don't have to collect sap and boil it.
Luckily, sugar maple trees are not as easily fooled as are elms and oaks. They stubbornly refuse to bud until they get over a week of warm weather (or April 12-15th around here).

Yeah I think this is what this tree is that buds are out its a sugar maple.Has very vivid colored leaves in the fall.Anyway I looked at the buds yesterday they`re dead.

Back