Complete engine gasket kit

Thompz

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone its been a while since I have been on this forum. My wifes 1982 xs400sj Heritage Special is running good. I would like to stop a small oil leak at the cylinder base gasket. I cannot locate a top end gasket kit. Any information would be appreciated , thanks.

Dont remember where exactly i got mine but i did a complete kit last year using athena and they seem to be holding up great.

I remember most of the gaskets had "D & K" printed on them. Sorry, not much help-

I also have a Athena gasket kit (from parts n more I think) It has all the gaskets and seals but does not include the big multi lip seals like the one for the final drive sprocket. It does not sound like you are going to split the cases so this should not be a problem.
However I did read somewhere else that the base gasket is thiner in the Athena kit and can cause leaking problems. I orderd a stock Yamaha base gasket and it only cost around $7.00. I compared the two and can confirm that the Yamaha base gasket is a lot more thicker.
I would suggest buying the Athena kit and a OEM Yamaha base gasket.

Back