Continental TKV 11/12 Tires for my build?

tmatter

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys new here and in the middle of embarking on a cafe build with my 78 xs400.
I have already stripped her down and am in the middle of some design/R&D/Tinkering to get the desired look, feel, and performance.

I am ready for new shoes and want to make sure I get ones that are a good compromise of looks and performance. Sure I could get fat tires on both ends but then my handling will suffer. Does anybody have ANY experience with the contenintal TKV's?

Jakewilson.com says......"specially developed for sports classics, optimium handling, supreme grip on dry and wet roads, and high milage"

I have used conti's on other bikes in the past and have nothing but praise for them. Just looking for some advise from XS guys. I was looking at the 100/90-18 for the front. and the 110/90-18 for the rear. I have the stock mags right now. Any advice from anyone? Has ANYONE ever ridden these tires?

As I get my build going I plan on getting some pictures and how to's posted here.

Never ridden them myself but I know a few people who have. They are supposed to be a decent enought tyre and with plenty of grip and pretty cheap. Unfortunately the grippy compound means you don't get a loads of mileage out of them. That said they were used on bikes a lot more powerful than a 30 year old XS400 :shrug:

Thanks for the info.

I figured they would probably be pretty good just wondered if anyone had first hand experience. I don't think that I have to worry about my xs eating any tires too quickly.

Back