Couple cracks in my frame What now?

S3Rider

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I was cutting off the back bracing of my frame found something that has me a little nervous. There was a crack on the frame on the left bar of the triple back bone right before it his the down brace.

I didnt get a chance to take a picture but it is cracked all the way through. I will be cutting on the other side of the down brace to do my hard tail and was wondering if I can put a slug in it and then reweld around the whole crack will that be enough? I feel like it will end up being stronger than what was originally there but just wanted to see if you all had any better options.

Logan

Crack2.jpg

Crack1.jpg

Crack3.jpg

It must have gone down hard on the left side at some point in it life. Like I said its getting hardtailed and I will be welding on the frame anyway. I wish the crack was on the back side of the back vertical brace then this would be a non event. The last picture is just of the other crack that it must have got when it went down.

OR

The previous owner had one LARGE old lady.

If it's the crack that I'm looking at,it's been there a while,as rust has shown up. Like you say,when you hardtail it,then would be a good time to weld these places too!!! lha

Back