Dan's Long-Term No-New-Threads Thread

levdir

Rounded bolt brigade
Reaction score
It's getting close to the end of the season up here, although we're having great weather right now. I've got a bunch of maintenance and upgrade items waiting for when I finally park her for the winter so I figured I'd start one of these threads instead of making more every time a little thing comes up. For the moment, two questions:

1. I've finally got my bike running reliably and well despite a couple of extremely annoying oil leaks (more on that later, I guess). However when I pull and hold the clutch or shift into neutral to coast to a stoplight my idle bottoms out for a couple of seconds, dropping as low as 750 RPM occasionally before returning to a steady 1.5k. My pilot jets are one size oversized and I suspect that's why. Is that a reasonable assumption? It's not a problem as such; if it gets too low I just nudge the throttle and it goes back up immediately, and if I don't it returns to steady idle on its own. Hasn't died from dipping this way yet. I just want to fine-tune the uh...tune, if I can.

2. I've been digging into my bike's electricals (semi-involuntarily, long story), and since I've been at it I've been looking for a combination regulator/rectifier. There's one on Amazon I was planning to buy but in the time since I first saw it to now, the price has gone from $35 CAD to over $500. First off, what the hell? Second, is there anywhere to get combined units for less than $100? If not, my reg/rec combo hasn't been giving me any trouble, I just figured I'd simplify my electronics where I could if possible.

Back