de-podding my 77 250

norrie

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys. Getting my XS250 back in order after it not running for about 6-8 months. I bought an XSR700 that I've been riding knowing that I had some work to do on the XS. I figured it would be a good opportunity to lose the pods and the bullshit that comes with them.

I've thrown my pods out and raided the box of bits I got with my bike. Put new filters in the air boxes and popped them back in. The pipes that connect the air boxes to the carbs have a little port in the middle. Can someone please tell me… what connects to it and should it face up or down. I have a tube coming up from the case with a little pod hanging off it. Is that what should connect to it? And how many turns should I set the mix to now? Ta.

Last edited:
Here's an old pic of the little pod I'm referring to prior to it's Italian service.

31695212225_94ba165c53_b.jpg

on my 1980 xs400g the hose from the H pipe faces forward and is attached to a hose fitting on a vacuum reservoir,below the carb and by the starter. The area where your smaller pod is connected now.

on my 1980 xs400g the hose from the H pipe faces forward and is attached to a hose fitting on a vacuum reservoir,below the carb and by the starter. The area where your smaller pod is connected now.

Thanks for your reply Pete. So you're saying that I should remove the pod and connect that tube to the H pipe?

Back