Dirty trails and dirty bikes!

Liamthedevastator

It's dingaling'n time
Reaction score
I went 4x4 camping with a couple of buddies up in the hills of Shawnigan over the weekend and found some sweet sights. The trails we hit were too much for one of my friends Sierra (28ft trucks aren't best for offroading lol) but our other 'Yotas made it fine.

At one of our pitstops next to a quarry-lake a fellow on a Honda 100cc dirt bike rolled up and started chatting with us. After a bit he asked who wanted to try it, and i was ALL UP IN THAT SHIZZNIT:bike:

Needless to say i'm hooked. Who here goes offroading/what do you like to ride? I'm looking at picking up an 80cc 2 stroke or something, just to bang it around in the forest sometime:laugh: people say you can get in lots of trouble on a 250... any opinions?

If you want to get into real trouble, you should try my dirt demon, Its a 1985 Yamaha YTZ 250 2 stroke, 3 wheeler! It has a 5 speed tranny, and Ive had it bored 30 thou over! its lots of fun! I do a fair amount of 4X4ing around also, its always cool running into people out in the middle of nowhere! oh ya my truck is an 85 Chevy shortbox 3'' body lift and light spring lift, 34x950 R15 super swampers, 4 speed manual

When you get serious yer gonna want that 250 power. 80's or 100's are cool to cut yer teeth but may be smallish for you. I beat the heck out a little Honda xr like this one
out in the Salton Sea/Anzo Borego desert rec. area. Wish I had a 230-250 or maybe sumin' even bigger but I just trail ride and no BIG air!!

oh ya my truck is an 85 Chevy shortbox 3'' body lift and light spring lift, 34x950 R15 super swampers, 4 speed manual

Nice! Those 34's make a huge difference to clearance... it was centimetres for my buddy and his new 34's got him the extra clearance he needed :p

When you get serious yer gonna want that 250 power. 80's or 100's are cool to cut yer teeth but may be smallish for you. I beat the heck out a little Honda xr like this one
out in the Salton Sea/Anzo Borego desert rec. area. Wish I had a 230-250 or maybe sumin' even bigger but I just trail ride and no BIG air!!

Yeah, that's the bike that i tried out. It was sweet but I definitely think that i want a 2 stroke though for the throttle response, and cuz they're badass:thumbsup: . a bigger bike would be sweet but i love how light tiny bikes feel in my hands.

i keep looking at KTM 2 stroke monsters at a motorcycle dealer in town... makin' me salivate :hump:

Back