Disgusted with MIKES XS

MrYeats

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Well they did it to me again. First I spent $56 + shipping on two coils that are grey in the ad and have the proper color wires, red/white, and orange. The coils they send are black and wired backward for + and - and are 3 ohms. I contacted them and they said all the coils they sell now are black, and cheap Chinese crap. They would not accept return. I gave in and ordered two more, forgiving their color and wiring, but I distinctly expressed that I need 4 ohm coils. Well guess what UPS brought me today??? The same black 3 ohm coils! Now they won't take these back either. At $28 a pop plus shipping, I am well over $100 and have 4 coils I cant use. They do not provide a phone number,(now I see why ) , and all communique is done via email. How convenient for them...Does anyone know where I can get two good 4 ohm coils???

I don't even see the gray ones on their site anymore. Have a link? Also, you ordered the same part number the second time or a different part number?

Ship them back with a tracking number and signature required. If they accept them, contact your credit card company and have the charges reversed. If you used Paypal, you can also dispute the charges. Either way, you should get most of your $ back shortly.

I know they don't return electrical parts, but if they sent the wrong parts they should take them back and give a refund.

Yeah, if it's wrong it's wrong. The website says the black ones are 4 ohm.

Are you claiming they are not 4 ohm because of your measurement or because the item is labeled as such somewhere?

I use a standard ohmmeter that measures ohms and is designed to measure AC current, if I am not mistaken. There will be a slight variation between the two (bike is DC), and my meter doesn't break it down to decimal points like 3.85 or something to that effect, so It just reads 003. perhaps that is an issue here. I got my new Japanese part Daiichi dual out condenser. I will hook them up tonight and see where it goes. They claim on the black coils that polarity is not an issue with how they hook up. Odd.

You need something that will read fractions of an ohm. A claim of "4 ohms" would be at room temperature. Resistance decreases as temperature decreases and the standard figures often include a range of error as high as 20% give or take; so 3.2 to 4.8 ohms would be acceptable and "normal" at room temperature.

so it looks like condensors then.

regarding the coil polarity, it doesn't matter because a col is literally a coil and will flow electric either way. it when its shunted off that the field collapses and transfers energy to the secondary (has to go somewhere) and make the spark

They're cheap on ebay too and the one I got looks like a Japanese part; it looks nearly identical to oem. They still might be making them.

Back