Do sites like this inspire or...

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
do most people have the notions to change their bikes into something else other than the stock form?No Im not nocking what you do to your bike as most of you know I like stock looks but I have to say looking at the all the custom builds is inspiring me and probaly alot of other people to make our bikes custom.I dont think I would ever go for anything stretched out like a bobber but I am desiring the taste of a cafe racer style type bike since looking at all the builds that i have seen on here.I dont think I would ever do this yet until I had another bike to ride though.When i 1st joined this great site I never thought I would have taken my bike to where it is now.Although I havent done any major frame changes I have did some minor ones and Im looking for cleaner looking inside the frame of my bike..I think sometime in the future I want to do away with my plastic side covers and fab something uniquer looking.

When I first found this site, I just wanted information to get it roadworthy. Once it was on the road, I was looking for ways to improve it. Some of the bikes inspire me, some don't. A well built bike/car/truck/boat always impresses me. Hacked up or rat turns me right off. What keeps me coming back is when someone posts something that I'd never considered.

I didn't intend to keep my bike past this spring when I was fixing it up last summer. But after all the work I've put into it over the winter, I'm keeping it. I made some decisions last summer that I somewhat regret now, but I now have a clearer picture of what I want the bike to be when I'm done - if a bike is ever actually done!

Dave as I feel I dont believe they are ever actualy done and they turn to the point of obsession.Hopefully I`ll be done with my mods very soon and just to the point that whatever changes I want to make will be done by the fb or by me next winter.This bike is taking time away from another important project that should have been finsihed by now.

Back