DOHC 12E (probably restricted) lack of power - carbs modified?

The first place I'd look is the carb holders. I have seen other bikes restricted by having a smaller opening between carburetor and engine. Measure that opening and see if anyone else has one handy they can measure.

I've messured cams (lobes i guess) and they have 36mm - does someone have info how large they should be??

Im looking for shafts apperantly:/

I've just found another thing that can be blocked but men.. I dunno what is it.. they call it 'Pickup' or sth like that..
geber.jpg

where is it?:/ apparently one is from 27HP and other from 45HP..:/
geber.jpg

// I looked at polish ebay and similar sites - nothing found:/

EDIT: now I know where is this part - its called Rotor I figure..
f11737016t520988p7653193n2.jpg

But honestly I dunno why there is a difference - and what is a purpose of this difference

Last edited:
So to sum up - I really need to know the right size of camshafts (height of lobe i believe - this eliptic shaped part) from 45HP version of DOHC - anyone can be a sport and mesure them? They are easy to access - you just need to take valve cover and there they are.. pleeeeeease?

2nd thing is that rotor - I don't know how this part is restricting my bike - but it does for some reasons - and I wonder if I can change only rotor without camshafts or do I must change both at same time:/ ?

I'm doing my valves in about two weeks. If you haven't had anyone measure them by then, I'll do it for you.

Thanks mate - I hope that someone will be so kind to mesure them earlier but if not I'll really appreciate:)

I found sth in manual (attachment) - but honestly I don't know how 'universal' the manual is.. from this I see (if I'm not wrong) that they should have 36,ish mm - but I have 36mm - and I have almost certanly blocked version at camshafts..

Attachments

• 3333.jpg
    3333.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 165
That is strange, looks like your cams are the right size then.

Not sure about how you would limit a bike by the camshaft in the first place actually. Anyone?

They were limited by yamaha at camshafts also - that is for sure. But maybe someone replaced camshafts in my bike - but its still riding like a 250cc :/ - when you measure your camshafts I'll know for sure - or anyone else earlier ;) cuz I found a guy but he set the price like they were golden camshafts:/ and said he will not measure them untill I will buy them:/

EDIT: the other thing is that there is 'wear limit' in tables - so I'm guessing (i dunno 4sure) that this is minimum size of camshafts - didn't know that they can 'shrink' ;)

yea they wear down over time, as all moving parts on a bike do. But are they within the wear limits then? Seems like measuring mine is not gonna add much since you've got these minimum sizes already

It depends first of all - how big is the difference between stock size and minimum size - and for what model this manual is - because there was no different manuals for many models - just one general - so maybe this isn't accurate. As long as sellers in poland have 34mm ones... I don't think that they could be so many wear off parts on the market.. this is really strange lol... I have quite enough of this de-restricting... never again:/ Still - please willem - and everybody else ofcuz - measure your camshafts plzzz - also it would be bad ass if someone could ask their local dealers about those shafts - maybe they have some knowledge about it. Polish dealers can't do much - they only have parts for new motorcycles.. and we are at economic crisis... crisis my ass.. ;)

I've just read 2day that the module is the most important part - you said it shouldnt make a difference - appearently it does - they say that blue module (12F blue label) has limited Nm and limited rpm..

ah okay. do you mean the ignition module? this one ?
$(KGrHqMOKnQE5JfGZ9YRBOSmScWJ+w~~_35.JPG

cause I replaced mine a while back but I'm not sure if it was necessary. So I have one that's working but I'm not sure it's in 100% shape. You can have it for the price of shipping, it's off my non-restricted seca.

Back