DOHC jetting problem

so here is a little update
installed the 140s, changed the old 52mm pods with massive inner lips which i concern will block the passage in the carb with 54mm ones, which has 45' chamfer and smaller lips
also put on new NGK D8EA plugs

first thing i feel is the vibration is much less then before, maybe the crabs are now more balance then before with offset jets

when WOT, the hesitation still exist, but now it at least can maintain current speed and rpm compare to before the rpm just dropping
the hesitation are minimum when just enter the highway(at the beginning of high rpm driving)
but after 5-10 mins WOT riding the hesitation comes back, the bike feels like running out of fuel, then after a short break, turn off the bike like 3-5 mins then restart it became normal
what i thought is there is not sufficient fuel in the float cover, but i dont know why
i took out the petcock, there is nothing wrong with it (when turned to the 'res' there is no gas comes out tho), and the fuel filter which i add is brand new

any thoughts?

i had to clean my petcock to get res to work, it was plugged up from not being used, also it will only allow fuel to pour out when the engine is running since the vac valve is closed. try it on pri and see what it does, it will work with or without the engine running but be careful since it will allow fuel to push past your float and run out of the carb ( learned it the hard way) I have to buy some plugs which are missing in the float bowl and raise the needle one notch from what i have read here on the site

I had the same problem with the pods, I cut a window on the internal lip large enough to leave the diaphgram port free to breath and then resealed everything with some glue.

I have two huge, open exhausts and I'm using #165 main jets.

The color of the plug is perfect. Going from cold weather to "hot" (in UK it's never really hot) I only had to adjust the air mixture screws.

I had the same problem with the pods, I cut a window on the internal lip large enough to leave the diaphgram port free to breath and then resealed everything with some glue.

I have two huge, open exhausts and I'm using #165 main jets.

The color of the plug is perfect. Going from cold weather to "hot" (in UK it's never really hot) I only had to adjust the air mixture screws.

I never thought about the ports getting blocked by the pods I will have to check that

I did find why my plugs are fouling one cylinder was not getting proper spark making the other cylinder over work and the other just went for the ride

Back