Electronics help (connecting wires inside the headlight bucket)

armyofda12mnkeys

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
So my mechanic friend rushed me to get my headlight bucket out so I didn't have time to label some of the wires. Having a little difficulty matching up the wires via the Electronic Diagram in the back of the manual (I have an 1978 XS400E) if anyone can help match the leftover wire inputs to the leftover 'input receivers'.

Here are the wires that are left over in the video below. I believe one set of wires (3 total and an input) are coming from the Horn/Bright Headlight Beam/Turn Signal area (Dark blue, Dark Green, Yellow wires and a Black? Input), and another couple wires from the Front Brake set (Green/Yellow and Brown?).
Also A Yellow from the Tachometer (and blue from the Tachometer that Im not sure about but I matched it to a single dark blue input that goes into one of the light blue inputs which I assume is correct).

So the inputs available (might be easier to also watch the Youtube Vid):
a single Brown input, a single Dark Green input, Brown (with 2 wires being fed into that input), a single Green+Yellow input, a Ground Input that accepts 2 wires, a lone Light Blue input (that is connected to another Light Blue wire that accepts 2 inputs (believe I had labeled 2 dark blue wires going into those).

heh, i figured it out...
I forgot about the headlight bulb itself, hah. It has connectors for the 2 yellow, a green. and also a ground from the bulb goes into one of the electric harness black ground connectors.

The rest I think leftover had matching colors (well still had 1 extra light brown input-acceptor; not sure what that was used for since it was probably never connected).
Turned on the ignition, and everything looks good :).

Back