Emgo Ignition coil compatibility

Yellow0206

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i need new coils and Mikes XS and others sell coils that are Made in China - the pic in Mikes shows Wat Yong....this part is for XS650 but is shown by mIkes and others to work on my 77XS400 (points model) and is shown as OEM reference 254-82310-60-00.

There is also an Emgo 24-72404 coil for XS650 available but no one selling it shows it'll fit XS400 but it looks the same, ,mounting bolts, single plug wire, etc. is 4 ohms and the part above is supposedly equivalent to it

I’d much rather buy the Emgo coil(s) as Emgo is in Taiwan and I have gotten many quality Emgo parts. Have not had good luck with Made in China (mainland) parts.

Has anyone used these Emgos? I think it will work but not 1000% sure - Ill bet Emgo just left the fitment out of their catalog accidentally. i guess I could call them too they have a Georgia master distribution location...

Emgo coils are made in Taiwan, which is China. All those universal coils are the same unless they have a different OHM rating.

They work just fine, I use them because they are readily available. You can find original used ones just as easily that would work.

Our coils are a universal design so they will fit many many bikes.

Mike thks but I was referring to the differences between Mainland China (communist, shorter mfg. history, a tendency toward poor quality parts I have found from experience) and Taiwan (aka " Formosa", democracy, long history of high quality mfg, with companies like Emgo). The coil I'm referring to is not universal, but it is called out to fit a wide range of Yamahas including the XS650, but I beleive mistakenly not the XS400 asI discussed questions above - I think it will be perfect for an XS 400 but was looking for someone to confirm they have installed this part number in a points using XS360 or 400...

Emgo 24-72404 coil is indeed compatible even though not adverised as such - I bought 2 and installed - they work and very easy to wire as had correct male / female connections to fit right up at least to my bike (77 XS 400). I really like Emgo as they are Made in Taiwan, not Mainland China, and they are long standing experienced quality producer - I have bought many of their parts for XS400 and other bikes, no issues so far...

Back