Exhaust thoughts

Petew

XS400 True Believer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't really thought this out, maybe somebody could give me some pros and or cons. How would it react if you ran your headers part way back and the one on the left hand side you made a Bend that would connect it 2 the crossover on my 80G. In short, connect the left side exhaust to the right side via the crossover pipe and exiting through the right side muffler. Problems, feasibility? Would there be a performance issue by reducing the pipe diameter on the left pipe?

A 2-into-1 exhaust but with the join at the same 90 degree angle that the crossover goes into the right pipe? The exhaust gasses should at least be pointed towards the end of the muffler.
I don't think it would work well at all.

I am extremely non-educated on this subject. The question came to me as I sat mindlessly sanding a gas tank and spotted an exhaust half and it's crossover. The header would come straight off the motor and travel about 12 additional inches. I was not sure if it's opposite side would create enough draft to overcome the angle. Several exhausts I have seen run pretty severe bends.

Back