Firing On One Cylinder

blabla

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO I started my bike for the first time since disassembling…and it seems to be only firing on one cylinder (left). The left cylinder gets hot (as it should) and the right stays completely cool when running. The other piston is free and has plenty of compression (i can tell by feeling the air coming from the exhaust pipe. There is air moving through, but no exhaust. Piston is free, and spark is there, so that means there must be a problem with that carb?

If anyone else has had this problem, let me know what I can do to fix it!

I did not try squirting fuel in true cylinder…i will try that today. And I'm not sure what the actual compression is, but it seems to be equal on both cylinders. But no the plug is bone dry

So you have spark but how strong is it?Also it does seem like a fuel problem with the one carb,have you taken the fuel bowl off to see if its filling up with petrol?If not either the float is stuck shut or not adjusted properly or you have some passages in the carb tht are plugged.

Spark is very strong, and plug was bone dry so I'm very sure it's something up with the carb…I'm gonna take them off today and see whats up. Maybe the gas isn't even getting to the second carb

Back