First Carb Rebuild - 2 Mikuni BS34s

They've been working great so far. The only issue I have been having is it wants to die when idling. I've tried adjusting the idle bolt (screwing it in to increase flow) but when I ride for a while in gear the bolt backs itself out again. Other than this issue, I'm good.

As alluded to by Drewpy,if you have the spring on the adjusting screw,it should stay put.I have an'82 seca and the idle screw is stepped,so it doesn't tend to break,and the older ones won't either if handled with care, lha

sadly i'm in the same boat. the bike still runs decent, but it's lean and will probably cause damage eventually. i was thinking about finding a custom machine shop to see if they would have some tool to get it out.

but i'm also in the market for a new set of carbs so i'd appreciate some direction also.

good luck and i'll be sure to post if i can figure it out.

Hey guys, I've got two carb kits coming in for my Mikuni BS34s

I've got a '79 with 34s. Do you mind me asking where you found your rebuild kits? I've just recently started looking. Being the lazy type, this might save me a little time:) Thanks, Mike

If your 79 has brass floats and a brass pilot plug you probably won't need a kit, just float bowl gaskets at worst. I don't know what year went to tamper-proof parts and rubber seals and such, but if you have the "old" ones there are almost no wearable parts. All you have to do is clean the hell out of them.

Any ideas on where to find some?

Dom

keep an eye out on ebay and craigs list. I just recently found an xs 400 like mine with a locked up engine that the guy said i could have for 200. Imagine all the original parts i can replace owning two of the same bike. :thumbsup:

Back