First manometer

Be prepared to switch the engine off before any of the fluid you are using can reach the engine! Make a small adjustment and try again. I don't know the history of your bike but I would suggest removing the carbs and adjusting them by eye to get the throttle plates as close as possible. The manometer is for fine adjustment and can do wonders for the way the bike runs.

Is it safe to use it like that when carbs are disbalanced? I mean it can suck the fluid into the cylinders or not?
I built one that works the same way. I have something like 10+ feet of tubing from the top to the carb boot to where the fluid is so I have considerable time to turn it off before there's trouble...which is also why I hung it high where i can see it while adjusting.

There's a picture on here someone which Drewpy enjoyed having fun with...because of its prodigious scale.

[edit]- Here it is:

full

Last edited:
So, I did almost suck it into the cylinders :D
The cool part was I was using 2-stroke oil so it would have fouled the plug and lubed the cylinders. But like old mose said " be ready to hit the kill". FYI, it takes very little turning of the screw. Well worth the $3 in clear hose:thumbsup:.

Last edited:
I have something similar I made...except I used some pilot jets a foot or two above the fluid on each side to slow down the flow...then have vacuum line "connectors" and a "Tee" to use the tank and vacuum line on the carbs while I tune..ill post pics.

Back