First Motorcycle

hellojamin

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi my name is Jamin and i just picked up my first motorcycle, a 1981 xs400 special II. It runs great with only 8,000 miles and i'm psyched on learning how to work on it and maintain it. Glad this site is here, here is a picture from when I took it home.

Attachments

• IMG_20101227_160535.jpg
    IMG_20101227_160535.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 346
thanks everyone! haven't totally decided what I want to do with it yet, right now i'm just trying to get comfortable riding it. I think for now I might just go for a stripped down stock look, ditching the turn signals and dash for single speedo and maybe hardwiring it to kickstart only, to clean up the bars. Eventually i'd like to drop the rear a little bit and make a solo seat for it too. I will post some more pics when the snow melts.

thanks everyone! haven't totally decided what I want to do with it yet, right now i'm just trying to get comfortable riding it. I think for now I might just go for a stripped down stock look, ditching the turn signals and dash for single speedo and maybe hardwiring it to kickstart only, to clean up the bars. Eventually i'd like to drop the rear a little bit and make a solo seat for it too. I will post some more pics when the snow melts.
Sounds great. You can just remove the starter and run kickstart only. No need to hardwire anything.

Back