First Start up since Aug! issues

not more than a bench sync. havnt gotten around to buying/building a manometer. might have a shop synch them when i get my fork seals replaced

but making one seems relatively easy

Backed screws out to in between 3 and 3.5 turns out. Started right up w choke and idled fine but a bit low when I pushed the choke back in. Adjusted the idle screw to get it back around 1400. No skips it was idling great

Threw on my roommates plate and he took it for a ride around the block since I can't ride at night w a permit.

He said it was running great, pulling smooth and the power really kicked in in 3rd and 4th speedo cable is busted but said he was probably up to 50-60mph.

When he pulled in the garage it was holding at 3k

Adjusted it again revs fell back down. Pulled the throttle again and it was sticking at 3. Adjusted it again fell back down and held there the we killed it.

Carbs are not synced yet but I guess I went a little too far out on mixture screws?

Next pay check I'd going to my first ever vacation.

But the one after will be fork seals timing and carb sync.

Yea sync the carbs first, then ride it around for a bit and check your plugs. My idle was also messed up (way high when the bike was warm, but nearly dying when cold) until I synced properly and then adjusted the idle rpm screw.

since the Giants play Monday, i will spend my Sunday constructing a 2 bottle manometer ( might cheap out and just dude a U Tube and yardstick route) and syncing the carbs

Back