Foot Peg Bolts and Threads

Forde

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Long time lurker, first time poster. Any help would be appreciated, I know that this community is something special.

So I have a '78 XS400 E and I recently had my frame powder coated. The right foot peg mounts on the frame got enough powder in them that threading the bolts will be impossible (I know, its my fault not taping these up). I'm thinking that retapping the hole to clear out the threads might make the most sense. I unfortunately do not have any of the peg bolts in question and would prefer to get stainless bolts from the hardware store rather than get gouged on partzilla.

Does anyone happen to know the sizing for these peg bolts/boltholes? Obviously its metric, but I want to confirm before I break out my taps and accidentally create a mess and go spend a few bucks for the stainless bolts. I think that the correct part number is 97013-08016-00 if it helps anyone.

Thanks for the help!

--Forde

I did some poking around on the site and learned that Yamaha bolt part numbers indicate the thread size and length of the bolt. So, based on my part number, these pegs should have M8 bolts that are 16 mm long? Can anyone confirm this fact?

Back