Foot pegs

xs400marshmellow

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I am working on XS400 cafe racer project. It is my first bike ever and first time working on a bike.
The person i bought it from had backward leaning cafe style foot pegs, I would like to install conventional foot pegs and move my brake and gear shifter to factory settings.
Attached are the images of the bike, Can anyone guide me, how can I install conventional pegs? Should i make a custom plate and bolt pegs to it ?

Attachments

• IMG_6456.JPG
    IMG_6456.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 186
Looks like they cut your stock bolts off. Try to find some factory foot pegs and try to weld some new bolts on. It's going to be hard to put the bike back to the way it should be after someone has hacked it up. Good luck I hope you can get it there.

Maybe you could drill out the mounting points where the bolts were cut. It would allow you to use other bolts straight thru and situate the pegs in a stock position .

You may be able to drill out the mounting points as pete said, and then thread tap it. Im not sure of the bolt size, but you can find the nuts online, theres a way to decode the part numbers and convert it to a dimension for bolt/nut size. Then if you can get it threaded to original size, everything will fit nicely.

Back