Fork service

Dionis

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi guys quick question
Would it be safe and possible to service the front forks with the motorcycle just on the center stand?.
I don't have a garage and don't have access to one. Plan on doing this outside my apartment building on the sidewalk.
I live in Brooklyn NY so it sucks not having a little shed to work in things...

To do a complete refurbishing you'd want to remove the fork tubes completely but if you're just draining and replacing the fork oil you can do it on the center stand.
Do one at a time.

I want to do a complete rebuild on the forks change out oil seals and clean up the fork tubes I don't know when it was last service. I also have to replace the triple tree bearings.

I want to do a complete rebuild on the forks change out oil seals and clean up the fork tubes I don't know when it was last service. I also have to replace the triple tree bearings.
Ohh...complete front-end tear-down then....make sure you have everything, seals ,bearings, fork oil,grease,brake-kleen or something like, cotter pins, circlips...etc...and you could pull it off in half a day.
You need the right tools though cause you wouldn't want to strip/break anything with the bike in pieces on the sidewalk....

Back