Frame Swap?

Walt

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I have a 79 xs400 which I bought for next to nothing. That's the good news, the bad is that it does not have a title and being in California trying to get it registered seems to be a costly and time consuming endeavor. I am debating whether it would be a good idea to perform a frame swap.If I found a frame with a clean title I could perform the necessary modifications and take all of the components from the old frame and essentially have a different bike in the eyes of the DMV. Has this been done with an XS before? Now the question I am wondering is if any xs frame will do, I have seen several on ebay which seem almost exactly like mine, but I am worried I will buy the wrong frame and be stuck. Were there any big modifications done through the years? Will a frame from a Special, or one of the others work with my engine, suspension etc? :shrug: Many thanks

Generaly all xs400 sohc frames will work,Other members have been in the same predictment.You best bet is to part the frame out ,swing arms are always in demand.Find you a frame with title you should be good to go.

Back