front caliper assembly

salisride

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
i was wondering if anybody out there can help me with putting my caliper back on my bike i know im missing a spacer cause when tighten the bolt thats at the bottom of the caliper my brake pads are to tight can anyone measure the two spacer that belong there i know theres two i only have one in there

Not being mean but its difficult to understand what your saying when all your sentences run together.:shrug:
Go to partszilla and look at the exploded veiw of your caliper,that should help.:)

So what are you wanting to know exactly?Something about spacers are talking about between the piece that bolts up on the bike that connects onto the piston assembly?Theres a flat washer thats about 1/6 inch thick on the topside that the long bolt goes through.I had to use an additional washer on my mine it wasnt very big though.On the attachmemt are you talking about part #`s 10 and 11?

Attachments

• FRONT_BRAKE_-_CALIPER.png
    FRONT_BRAKE_-_CALIPER.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
yea part # 13 and 10. im missing one of them becuase when i tighten the piston assembly bolt its too tight and the pads cant move freeely. and what is number # 11 looks like an oring or something

yes but if i knew what size #13 and 10 were id know which i have and how thick the one i need to replace is

Gosh I need a translator anyone else know what he means:shrug:You have a local hardware store where you live?Go take a look around and see if you can find something that will match.:)
13 is thick washer about 1/8th inch.The other is a small flat washer thans thin maybe 16th of an inch.Give me sometime I`ll get my dial caliper and try to get some exact measurements.Unless somebody else has one taken apart then fill free to chime in here.

#11 is actually an oring that seals the caliper pin from the elements. it is sandwiched below the thick washer against the caliper body. I have my caliper all taken apart and sandblasted. I have the measurements you need, just bear with me.

Strange I just had my caliper apart not long ago I dont remember seeing it.:shrug:My front brakes are working nicely so it musk be ok.I havent had properly working front brakes since I bought my bike till recently.Its nice to have them.

scorpio screw you man haha you should be an english teacher for crying out loud! haha i just type pretty fast and dont stop for periods.Thanks tho man that helps i think i have the thicker of the two. ill try and find something smaller for the bottom or kinda the top, because the bolt goes in upside down haha
and e smith thatd be great man. ill try and look for a good fit oring for under the top washer

I wasnt being mean:wink2: but if you dont have the grammar skills when you write or ask a question that nobody can understand how is somebody supposed to help you?Its difficult to understand when your sentences all run together.Granite my spelling isnt always perfect but at least its understandable:)

There are 2 steel washers. #10 is the larger of the 2 washers. All measurements are listed OD/ID/THK mm

#10 is 27.9/8.3/4.5

#13 is 19.98/9.09/3.22

There is definitely a size difference. If the washer is slightly larger than a quarter, then you have the #10, but I am guessing you have #13 because someone probably took apart your caliper at some point and #10 fell out of the assembly, because it is not captured by the caliper pin bolt. hope this helps.

It looks like the ID of the Oring is 13.7mm (.546") and the cross section is 3.42mm (.135"). You have to allow for the shrinkage that happened after cooling down from the molding process. So if you can find an oring with a 14mm ID and a 3.5 CS then it should work fine. Parker Orings #207 is about the closest I can find to the correct size. It shows a 13.86mm ID x 3.42mm CS. Hope this helps.

ID= inside diameter
CS=cross section

There is a grove in the back of the caliper that it fits in.The tab or tang on the front of the brake pads is held in place by this piece.

Back