fuel petcock

For matching up the adapter plate take a dial caliper and measure the distance between the holes of your old petcock.Measure from center to center then you can match that up with your adapter plate.

There was a supposed recall on the original petcock for that year.I have the same bike ended up using one I got from a parts yard. It was off of a 650 a few years younger. The differences I can notice are a tank gasket is is not just an oval o ring it has added gasket to seal the screw mounts. It also has the year stamped on it... I guess they had to track the failing ones eventually.

Hey guys have a question reguarding petcocks,why do they make vacume and non vacume type?Also what are the pros and cons about a non vacume vs vacume?

Vacuum makes people lazy, dont have to really worry (sort of) about turning it off. A non-vacuum style will work fine if your float needles and floats are in spec.

Vacuum makes people lazy, dont have to really worry (sort of) about turning it off. A non-vacuum style will work fine if your float needles and floats are in spec.

And you remember to turn it off when you are done riding:wink2:

Back