Wanted - Fuel Tank Seca

o.k. - but do you really know, that the "new old" fuel tank is better than your current one?

Or do you have none fuel tank (or next to been destroyed by rust or loooots of bumps) ?

greets
Reimar

It was rusted throug in many places, I braze welded in patched and then expoxied over. Should be fine when I'm done, but a used tank in good contdition is preferred.

That sounds logical, although I´d guess finding a used fuel tank in good condition is like searching a needle in the haystack.
But good luck anyway - I´ve been searching for over 1 year a few years ago. :shrug:

I'll tell you I have more time and aggravation in this tank than the rest of the bike in its entirety, but it's salvaged and looks great on the inside as well as the outside. Brazed in metal, expoxied, body filler and, evaporust and Red-Kote, prime, sand paint.

29 bikes and numerous tanks bought on ebay and never had this much of an issue with a fuel tank, must be a design flaw on these. But I'm always up to a challenge.

not from Seca but I have a tank from 82 maxxim that is fine. Previous owner had bondoed out the badge mount on sides, but if it fits I'd part with it to you.:thumbsup:

I have an'82 seca tank in a little better shape,free if you want to pay for shipping. Be glad to send it if it will help out,but if you take blood pressure meds,stock up! If you take time and can braze well,it can be done.The tank is good in other respects. lha

Back