Gay marriges approved in California

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
The case went to the supreme federal court and the decision was made.The law has been passed that gay marriges in the stae of California can now take place.This opens the doors to the rest of the 35 states that dont approve and have banned it.What has our society turned to have morals broke down that much that this has been acceptable by a supreme court judge.Ludicris completely ludicris.

Last edited:
I don't see what the big deal is. Don't like gay marriage - don't marry a dude. Problem solved.

I tried to keep myself from posting a repl to this, but I can't. I am sooooo happy that the supreme court decided that they have no business in anyone's bedroom, and that people, regarless of how they like to have sex, should have the right to marry whoever they like (for whatever reasons they find to be important). I would never ask a stranger if they like to have anal sex with thier wife, or if they like to be spanked, or if they enjoy any other "deviant" sexual acts. LGBT people are jugded on the things we assume they are doing though. Because they are of the same sex other people feel they have a right to judge because "anything they do together would be deviant". Shame on you. How about "judge not lest he be judged." Or "before you remove the mote from your brother's eye first remove the beam from your own" (paraphrase, but i can post the actuall verse if you like). I am so tired of feeling good just because we are being forced to treat others like human beings. If you don't like sex with men, or women having sex with eachother fine, but the government has no place in the bedroom, and no place in the chapel. NO PLACE in my religion, in my creed, in my sexual orientation, No place in my beleifs.... and frankly neither do you.

Posted via Mobile

Well in Gods eyes its totaly wrong.Have you have ever head of Adam and Steve mentioned in the bible?
I dont approve of it nor to I approve of gay affection out in public,Its totaly discusting and makes me sick.Yeah I see it all the time,there happens to be a large Gay comunity here in Port Huron
Like I said its total shame our society has decided to see that this behaviour is accetable.I grew up in the 70`s and 80`s this was not acceptable then and it shouldnt be now period.:wtf:

Well in Gods eyes its totaly wrong.
Government is not God. "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

If the Lord finds it wrong, I am certain He has ways of dealing with it. Or do you doubt Him?

Have you have ever head of Adam and Steve mentioned in the bible?
I think it was Adam and Yves... :D

I dont approve of it nor to I approve of gay affection out in public,
Its totaly discusting and makes me sick.
Well, the law was about marriage, not affection, so nothing really changes for you.

In broader terms, there is no Constitutional right to not be offended. Freedom isn't free, and other people doing things you personally don't approve of is payment for your freedom of expression. I have to put up with people wearing flip-flops, people being stupid in public, and a metric ton of other things I don't like. However, just as in motorcycle riding, I choose to concern myself with my own behavior first and foremost.

Yeah I see it all the time,there happens to be a large Gay comunity here in Port Huron
Huh. Color me surprised.

Like I said its total shame our society has decided to see that this behaviour is accetable.I grew up in the 70`s and 80`s this was not acceptable then and it shouldnt be now period.:wtf:
Homosexuality has been variously acceptable or not throughout history. It's still here. Opposing it is kinda like opposing clouds, or green heads on mallards, it's this thing that happens. There is no sense raising your blood pressure over it.

Things change, and older generations always have always groused about that. I'm fairly certain there are some clay tablets from the time of Hammurabi that describe how terrible the fall of morals was and how awful young people were. Vanity of vanities... This, too, shall pass.

You also don't find smoking, dominatrixes, or liposuction in the Bible. I get really tired of hearing about what the Bible says. Especially when it's misquoted and taken out it context. Yes sexhal imorality is an issue that is spoken about, but hiw many times is himosexuality mentioned? Hiw many times is loving your neighbor, caring fir the less fortunate, avoiding judgment in order to better yiur example to others? It's well over 10 to 1 in favor of generosity and caring. I am not controled hy anyone elses idea of what my religion should be, and hiu clearly are no expert on what gid thinks. Isn't the reason the Puritans came here on the first place? So that they could decide for themselves what they beleive? Now that's not good enough? I have to beleive in a your god? No. And I could care less what you like to see on the street. That's how discrimination is perpetuated "i don't like to.see people doing that, or with that kind if hair, or that color skin". I don't like to see middle aged men riding vintage bikes, it grosses me out... it's no less ridiculous, it's just less powerfull because we don't have to care. We have the power of majority and acceptance on our side. Everyone deserves the right to say "sorry you don't like it, but it's none of your business."

Posted via Mobile

I tried to keep myself from posting a repl to this, but I can't. I am sooooo happy that the supreme court decided that they have no business in anyone's bedroom, and that people, regarless of how they like to have sex, should have the right to marry whoever they like (for whatever reasons they find to be important). I would never ask a stranger if they like to have anal sex with thier wife, or if they like to be spanked, or if they enjoy any other "deviant" sexual acts. LGBT people are jugded on the things we assume they are doing though. Because they are of the same sex other people feel they have a right to judge because "anything they do together would be deviant". Shame on you. How about "judge not lest he be judged." Or "before you remove the mote from your brother's eye first remove the beam from your own" (paraphrase, but i can post the actuall verse if you like). I am so tired of feeling good just because we are being forced to treat others like human beings. If you don't like sex with men, or women having sex with eachother fine, but the government has no place in the bedroom, and no place in the chapel. NO PLACE in my religion, in my creed, in my sexual orientation, No place in my beleifs.... and frankly neither do you.

Posted via Mobile

Dude your getting so far off base with this and the points you bring up are not valdated by my opinion.I shouldnt even respond to you post cause it so assinign.Obviously you have no morals or ethical standards that are decent if you and those in the rest of those in this sick society which supports this.Which is another point I brought up.What used to be wrong is now right and what was right is now wrong.Anyone who coomits the act of being gay is group of society that are misfits.They dont fit in the norm because the old norm is the new norm anymore.Why should these people be treated like human beings when they are psychology screwed up in the head.Homosexuality should have stayed in the closet and whom ever opened the door and gays out of the closet should severely punished.
My opinion this matter should not even been brought or taken to the surpreme court, it should been stopped in tracks before it even got this far.You mention freedom of speach or freedom of expression well Im excersising my right to freely express myself about subject matter that I condone.I dont give a rodents behind if you dissagree with my opinion or not but theres nothing anyone can or will say thats going to change how I feel about this.Yes God will deal with this on judgemnt when when we are all judged.Quite frankly I realy dont see why there is so much oppsition about how I feel unless......................In that case I can understand why you are getting offended.Oh you want to hear something shocking I actualy used to have freinds that were gay both mail and female and it didnt bother me,when one of them tryed crossing the line my opinion changed.

Last edited:
I love how liberals want the government to control everything except abortion and gay marriage...:laugh:

"The government has no business in my bedroom!"- now please pay for my birth control and abortions...

So your opinion wasn't changed by god, but by the fact that you were made uncomfortable? Perhaps it was something worse than just being uncomfortable, i hope for your sake that it wasn't. In any case one incident cannot be a valid basis for an negative view of an entire segment of society. Look, a human being is a human being. Mentally ill, immoral, stupid, or whatever, they are people. Christ not only agreed, it was his most consistent message. I can only assume the section you did not type was an accusation that I am gay. I don't mind if you think i am, accept that i want you to understand that i am making this argument on the basis of my beleif in how we should treat others not on what we should use our penises for. I did not say that you shouldn't voice your opinion, and i said nothing a bout the 1st amendment at all. I applaud your right to say anything you like, what i will fight against is the oppression of people that don't fit within the norm. The norm is not the correct. Ask anyone brought before the McCarthy hearings, ask the Japanese Americans put in internment camps. Rosa Parks, Susan B. Anthony, Martin Luther King Jr., and any other reformer or recolutionary. The norm is only ok when it protects those that don't have the power.

One final note; i have been responding to your points, not making up new ones. My knowledge of morals and applied ethics is based on extensive (and acredidted study). That doesn't make it better, but I hope that it makes my statements a little harder to reject out of hand. Instead of getting pissed that i don't agree, dismantle my arguments by choosing a point and stating a reason it isn't true. If you can't do that quikly, fine. Think about it, research it, respond later. I'll be here to toss ideas back to you.

Posted via Mobile

And one liners are so helpful because we can all hear them from limbaugh and repeat them ad-nauseum.

Posted via Mobile

Obviously you have no morals or ethical standards that are decent if you and those in the rest of those in this sick society which supports this.
That isn't really a complete sentence. However, assuming it means what I think it means, you are wrong. N8Bishop and the society at large have standards. They just don't match your standards. That's what living in a free country where people are individuals gets you.

What used to be wrong is now right and what was right is now wrong.
Sure. For example, it used to be OK to own slaves, and now it's not. The world has moved on. Such is life.

Anyone who coomits the act of being gay is group of society that are misfits.
Perhaps. So what?

They dont fit in the norm because the old norm is the new norm anymore.
That doesn't make any sense.

Why should these people be treated like human beings when they are psychology screwed up in the head.
Because they are human beings. The mentally ill are also human beings. Did you not know that? Or are you with those lovely folks that tried to exterminate them in camps?

Homosexuality should have stayed in the closet and whom ever opened the door and gays out of the closet should severely punished.
That would be tough. I'm sure they are long dead. But you could look in ancient Greece or Rome for them.

My opinion this matter should not even been brought or taken to the surpreme court, it should been stopped in tracks before it even got this far.
How, exactly? By royal edict? That's how the US system works - someone challenges a law, and court decides. It's their job. You don't like the decision, you are welcome to bring your own case. I doubt you will get standing, though, because you would have a hard time proving this actually affects you in any real way.

You mention freedom of speach or freedom of expression well Im excersising my right to freely express myself about subject matter that I condone.I dont give a rodents behind if you dissagree with my opinion or not but theres nothing anyone can or will say thats going to change how I feel about this.
Did someone tell you you couldn't? I didn't see that. You can express your opinion, but nobody is obligated to agree with you. And I would point out that if you really didn't care, you wouldn't be responding.

Yes God will deal with this on judgemnt when when we are all judged.
So, what's it to you if someone else is a sinner? That's their problem. Look after yourself, and you'll be fine.

Quite frankly I realy dont see why there is so much oppsition about how I feel unless......................In that case I can understand why you are getting offended.
I am going to ignore your weak attempt at an insult.

It's really very simple. Your opinion is based on your particular religion. You want to enforce it via law, which would make it apply to people who do not follow this religion. That is both morally and legally wrong.

Oh you want to hear something shocking I actualy used to have freinds that were gay both mail and female and it didnt bother me,when one of them tryed crossing the line my opinion changed.
No, not shocking at all. Explains quite a bit, actually.

And one liners are so helpful because we can all hear them from limbaugh and repeat them ad-nauseum.

Posted via Mobile

Is this directed at my line? I don't listen to Limbaugh, so I don't know if he said it. I said it, just a little while ago. Just because it's short, doesn't make it any less true. It's perfectly true.

Great response JP. Scorp, if this doesn't affect why let it bother you so much? Besides, the ruling wasn't going to change anyone's existing sexual orientation. There has been homosexuals and always will be. This just affords them the same financial benefits that every other couple is entitled to. No big deal. Live and let live.

This whole gay marriage thing shouldnt be an issue for anyone. I've yet to see anyone with a valid argument as to why it should be outlawed. It always comes down to religious reasons or personal comfort and the government should not intervene for those reasons. Honestly, how does someone elses personal life affect yours? It doesnt....plain and simple. Neither any person or the government should have any say in how someone else wants to live their life. Nor should anyone use religion as a reason to deny someone the right to marry whomever they want. Not everyone is religious and forcing strangers to adhere to your religious views does not make you a better person morally or anything like that. I'm athiest and if anyone told me I couldnt do something because it was against "gods plans" I'd tell them to shove it. I don't believe in murder but I find it funny that a lot of religions use their beliefs as an excuse to kill people. Anyways everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, just remember no one should have the right to force their beliefs onto others. The gays arent forcing straight people to be gay so calm down.

Scorps, the spell checker is your friend :laugh: Seriously dude some of your posts are pretty close to unintelligible :confused:

Anyways...way to open up a can of worms, im off to get popcorn and watch this thread blossom :bike:

Damnit Scorpio I usually agree with you and feel like you make good arguments. But knowing this makes me like you less. Can't help it.

That's why those things are not supposed to be discussed on this site..

Robsteeler66, it was directed at your comment and was mean spirited of me. I apologize.

Willem you are correct about site rules. I fully expect to have this thread moderated in some way, but i couldn't keep quiet on this one.

One more thing i want to point out. The title of this thread is incorrect. The ban on gay marriage (prop 8, and their "defense of marriage act") were deemed unconstitutional. A much different thing than approving gay marriage.

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Back