Harley bum stop?

fb0mber

fb0mber
Reaction score
Hello all,

I know its been awhile since I've posted but being busy with work and about 3 hours away from my bike, I don't get much time to wrench. I did however get back this weekend and like always, had a couple of cold ones with the old man, talking bikes. Turns out he did some work to his sportster, chopping a piece off of his rear fender. I grabbed the piece and stuck it on the 400 just for shits and giggles and hey, I don't think it looks too bad really. I may be able to make this work for a bum stop, I just figured I'd post it and see what you guys thought. I may shave the bottom radius of the fender/bum stop thing to make it a bit flatter on the bottom and chop off the stock turn signal mounts. Problem is, I don't have access to a welder here so I have to try to figure something out without a welder, I haven't made it that far yet.

Anyways, I just figured I'd post pics to see if anyone has tried anything like this / knows anyone who has tried something similar. I can do the fab work fine but I really really really suck at upholstering.... we'll see how this goes. Let me know what ya think!

100_1222.jpg

100_1221.jpg

100_1220.jpg

looks like the basic shape is there...might work out pretty good with a bit of fab work.
cafe style etc,.. is all about parts laying around that are adapted to work on a low budget ...so you are on the right track!!

good that, dump the rear lamp, you need something little on there (LED?)

make up a seat base with a 90' bend to profile the bum stop opening and when you are sure i'll fit, take it to a welder where ever you happen to be and get it welded.

I assume the rearframe wil be cut to allow the stop to sit lower?

Back