Has any one ever had a xs400 on a dyno

xschris

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Was just wondering what kind of power a modified xs can put out.

Was just wondering what kind of power a modified xs can put out.

saw a guy with a modified gs450 motor pushing a little over 50hp(his claim)he used the 450 bottom end,gs500 jugs bored for gr650 pistons and a gr 650 head.i know it isn't an xs400,but the motors are similar size

saw a guy with a modified gs450 motor pushing a little over 50hp(his claim)he used the 450 bottom end,gs500 jugs bored for gr650 pistons and a gr 650 head.i know it isn't an xs400,but the motors are similar size

so its a 650!!

50hp for 650's are normal for that decade.

nothing like an xs400 then :doh:

so its a 650!!

50hp for 650's are normal for that decade.

nothing like an xs400 then :doh:

I think it came out to like 537cc's or something like thet.the 450 has a smaller stroke then the 650 did.wasn't sure what mods xschris has done,so it was only a comparison

We tried to put my old xs250 on when I worked at a rolling road shop, but we couldn't make a program for it as we needed all the gear ratios to get a true reading.

Posted via Mobile

I was thinking of having mine done, they never mentioned gear ratios to me. I better get that info before I go then!

I was thinking of having mine done, they never mentioned gear ratios to me. I better get that info before I go then!

Yeah you'll want the ratios for the gear box, what sprockets your running and wheel sizes. Ours was a fuchs dunno and we're talking 6 years ago, there might even of been a program update with the xs400 on there but mostly the updates were for new models.

Posted via Mobile

Back