Wanted - Headers/ Head pipes needed

scott s

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in need of a pair of head pipes that will fit a '77 SOHC.

Willing to pay a fair price, depending on condition. I can wrap them if needed, but decent chrome would be OK by me.
Please let me know what you have and pics are always helpful.

For some reason, I'm not getting notifications from this site. Best way to contact me is via email: uberkafer@hotmail.com

Here are Pics of the exhaust. I am asking $50 for the pipes + $40 shipping (seams reasonable, I will give you a partial refund if it's significantly less). The mufflers are pretty small and light so I don't think it would add to much to the shipping cost.

FYI I didn't clean these or anything, I just took them off Sunday.

Attachments

• 0617140743.jpg
    0617140743.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 0617140743a.jpg
    0617140743a.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 278
  • 0617140744.jpg
    0617140744.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 273
Do you have a pic of what they looked like on the bike? Are the head pipes cut short or right where the stock mufflers would have started?

They appear to be cut where the muffler would have connected but I haven't measured. Here is what they looked like on my bike. I had to get rid of them because I want to take my wife on rides the the pipes ended about 4 inches before the rear foot pegs.

Attachments

• 0522140823.jpg
    0522140823.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 260
Thank you for the reply. I'm picking the bike up from the fabricator in the morning. I've been un-doing some mods made by the previous owner. All I have to look at right now are pics.
If you can give me a day or so, I'd like to get the bike back in my possession and take a few measurements to make sure I can even run a 2-2 system with the new rear sets.
I may be forced to spring for a MAC 2-1.
I'll let you know ASAP.

And the new rear sets.

It LOOKS like your head pipes, while a little more curvy since they're the Special, end at about the same spot.
The P.O. had welded on an upswept extension. I'm looking to see if I can use the stock head pipes and a short reverse cone muffler. Or, possibly, the mufflers I have without the upsweep.

It almost looks like you could just cut the upsweep off and avoid new headers all together. I would definitely try that first and save yourself some money.

scott the pipes you had where aftermarket. The stock ones would have been more curved. The bike in the pic has what you would have had stock.

Attachments

• DSC02579.jpg
    DSC02579.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 293
The pipes I had were a combination of stock pipes and muffler shop tubing. Or, it could have been an old swing set for all I know. The header wrap hid horrible welds.

Back