HEEEEEELP!!!!!

dodger0129

amatuer/enthusiast builde
Reaction score
Hey guys....

I have been building my XS400 DOHC based chopper for a good while now.
It's in a Honda Nighthawk 650sc hardtailed frame,for which I have no registration docs or number plate for.

It has a frame number,so iv'e been working away,presuming that I will be able to contact the DVLA here in UK at some point,and get the original reg and logbook(title) for it.

I have just applied to the DVLA for this info,only to be told that the original bike(the nighthawk) has never been registered hear in the UK!!!:banghead:

I'm guessing there is a good chance it's been imported from the US at some point,and never put on the road here.

Do you know how I could try to track down the Reg information in the US,using the frame number???...it is:

R008-2001622 The guy I bought it from said it was a Honda Nighthawk CB650SC-C and was a 1982 "ish"

Any help would be much appreciated as I will have to go through all kinds of hassle with the DVLA if I have to register the bike as a one off!!

Cheers
Roger

Are you sure it's not RC082001622? From my google search, the CB650SC-C VINs started with RC08. Maybe check that out?

--Just kidding, that vin is for a 2005 Toyota Corolla.

The number probably matches the number on the engine. Which will concur with the frame number, and that for the time was the VIN. for instance my vin is 4R4001954. Right about 1982 or so, the manufactures started a new VIN system. So what that means to us, is that some young people working at the DMV will not remember the old days. Will need to up channel the question, on how to resolve this. Insureance companies do it too us too. perhaps if it is your bike, what is the chances of having a 20 year old insurance papers hiding in a draw?

Back