Hello hello from Wales. Parts n model help ;oD

barryfzr

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hiya

Just had a peek around the net and found you guys whilst looking for a manual and info.

I've just bought an off road buggy type thing with a SOHC XS400 engine in and found a manual on here thanks.

The engine code is 4G5 -0019XX .. I'm not sure what model it is.

Has anyone got a little rubber bung that blocks up on of the jets in the float bowl too? ;oD

I was thinking about knocking up an electronic ignition for this engine.. or selling it on to buy a complete DOHC bike.. could anyone give me an idea how much they fetch over here in pounds?

so many questions for a newb....sorry! ;oD

First off, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, we love pictures. Please post some.

I'm not sure what you mean by a little rubber bung that blocks up on (one?) of the jets in the float bowl. Again, pictures help :)

There is a good chance your engine had/has an electronic ignition. Either way it wouldn't be too hard to install one, but perhaps financially a donor bike/engine could make more sense. I wouldn't know how much they would cost in pounds, but I payed 125 euros for a running (but poorly maintained, bad tires chain sprockets brakes battery etc) 1989 DOHC bike here in Holland. So they could be pretty cheap.

Back