hello, question regarding wheels

Canadian

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
My first post on this site, but not my first time on here, i have been getting great info from here the past year, thanks all, for your great, knowledge, and pictures,

Less than a year ago, i bought this 1982 Yamaha Special Heritage, it was def running ruff when i got it.
Tinker here and there, with the limited tools and space i have, this bike is running great now.
I have 2 questions, (for now) lol, i have seen on this site that people have been looking for spoke wheels for this bike ( as am I). Impossible to come across in Canada it seems.

Are there options for this bike, (another bike i can get them from, where they will fit)

2nd i want to beef up the front end, something fatter, (what what would be the cheapest and easiest way of doing this) Thank you in advance,
here are just a couple pics of bike,

The cheapest and easiest in the long run will be to get XS400 wheels. They are fairly common and cheap in the US wrecking yards I go to...There are some decent bike wreckers in the Seattle area...

easiest way to post pictures is to go into post reply and not use the quick reply I find. At the top of the window where the text goes just click on the paper clip and upload. You may be having trouble if the pictures are to large. I use the lowest quality on my camera for pictures I want to post up. Some sites will auto adjust to a certain point I'm not sure what the limits are here but I'd just make sure your picture is small.

As for the wheels. I'm in Canada aswell and both of my xs400's have mag wheels also. I don't know to many other xs riders but have mostly seen mags around me. You may want to try searching kijiji or ebay.

I will often post want ads for parts on kijiji in Ontario and have had great results. Alot of people will look for stuff but never post what they have. So I would say post up a want ad and see what you find. Might be able to get yourself a whole parts bike rather cheap.

Shaun

Back