help, anybody in everett/ seattle area know where i can get a regulator

fc10a3

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bike broke down, I'm blowing my main fuse when I try and kick it over. Please. Call me @ 650 400 6669. Ill even paypal you later for the long distance. I'm stuck 150 miles from home, I hope someone can help. Thanks all

where is your bike at? i'm in south everett and can bring you a regulator after work tomorrow or early in the morning.

Can you pm me your number I'm working on a plan now. Problem is I'm in vancouver bike is in marysville (i think) and its a holiday weekend boarder is going to be crazy, and I need a 2nd driver to drive home in my car...

pm'd back

So I'm still popping my main fuse after replacing the reg and rec, and fixing a short in the headlight, anybody have any ideas? Its even popping a 30a fuse in there. when i get her home I'm going to do a huge electric tear down. I hope drewpy does his write up soon...

sorry to not get back to you yesterday! work took longer then i expected and my sister was at my house when i got home and needed some help. i hope you get everything figured out!

Thanks all I was able to limp it home today after 3 trips to fix it.

Turns out the previous owner disconnected the started but didn't remove it, just took out the electronics for it and the chain. Anyways what happened was i replaced the reg rect to no avail, then tried a whole bunch of different things until I finally got to the bottom of it. Turns out the stator wasn't bolted down and sheared off the connector causing a short. Also fubar'd the stator in the process with peices of metal and what seemed like an old sealent or something all over it. It was so loose that it started machining itself.

Anyways took it apart disconnected everything and rode home on a single battery charge, just barley got her home with oil shooting all over my pants. I'm gonna have a few questions coming but hopefully I have an extra one on one of the spare engines I have.

Thanks everybody who offered to help, you've no idea how much the support meant to me

Just a thought here on reg/rectifiers. There is a company called Oregon Motorcycle parts that sells brand new and very much improved units. He even guarantees them. There is a web site .

Back