Help bike just broke down :(

mpdxs400

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello guys okay I've putt about 110 miles on the bike since I got it on the road two days ago bike drove awesome and loving it, took it for a ride again today got about 10 miles away the motor just turned off solid no studded nothing just died, just got back home from walking it :/ bike has half tank gas voltage is still good on the battery and I'm getting spark still, anyone have some pointers I could start looking for before I start to go nuts lol,help please thank you, and the carbs just got serviced and jetted so there solid :wtf:

If you have a stock vacuum petcock set to the on position, when the bike is not running gas should not flow from it. That is your off for it. Are you running a in-line fuel filter from the tank to the carbs? If not do it:wink2: Most likely your carbs are the issue if the bike has spark and proper compression.

I doubt that is what happened. Spray some starting fluid in the carbs and see if it fires. If it does you will know what to do:wink2: Fully clean carbs and make sure the petcock is working.

Last edited:
Like I said if a shot of starting fluid in the carbs will make it run then it's a plugged carb. Not running a filter to them could plug them in a hurry.

Last edited:
Back