Here is my new Modded 77 XS400

Turolla

XS400 Member
Reaction score
How much are these going for nowadays? In good condition. I am trying to assess its value. Mine has been restored, all valves, carbs, parts, breaks, seat, pistons, have been worked on. Engine compression is great, and she runs great. she has 9300 miles.

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 207
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 205
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 191
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 189
A stock restored one in my area can go for around 2k But a good running modded one maybe $1000 or so. I know in Australia they go for big bucks in any shape.

Attachments

• $T2eC16JHJGsFFMtLsrjuBRyPFRs-,w~~60_1.jpg
    $T2eC16JHJGsFFMtLsrjuBRyPFRs-,w~~60_1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 182
Small modified bikes are not very valuable in the USA because we don't have licensing restrictions. In countries that restrict licenses the value of small starter motorcycles goes up. People here are just not willing to pay high prices for small motorcycles unless they are exceptional. By exceptional I mean professional quality modifications; think something capable of winning a contest at a motorcycle show. If you can't say that about the bike it's probably worth less than a restored all-original motorcycle. The restored original motorcycle has more value to collectors. The target market ends up being different because you're appealing to much different people.

esmith87, your right man, this use to Timco's bike. He did a great job on her. You know Kelly?

Thanks for some kind words, I put hours in that bike, I only sold her because I have 4 and 5 was over the limit at my house….I didn't even wear the tread on the tires.

Back