Hi from Eastern Ontario

flattrkr

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 1980 XS 400, getting it safetied, so no pix. Old enough to know better (73), but will soon start down that slippery slope with some kind of tracker at the end of it. Can't remember all the bikes I've owned, but, until now have never been inclined to do any mods. Ride a '08 HD NightRod (last year w mid-mount controls), and unlike most of the other VRods out there, mine is still completely stock. Some amazing people on this site, Drewpy is a force of nature; Shamus a new member from Canada is kind of a Renaissance Man (hand cutting leather discs to make grips!), so as possibly the most mechanically inept member ever, I will continue to read and learn. Regards all, Harry

welcome Harry

force of nature? more like a farce of nature! (or fart according to "her indoors")

like to see how this tracker pans out for you :D

Welcome from another Ontari-ari-ario guy. I am amazed by how many of these things are in our province.

I am only 9 years behind you but remember;
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. :wink2:

... Old enough to know better (73) ... the most mechanically inept member ever ...
Hi Harry welcome to the forum. One of our young colleagues recently gave thanks for "old guys". Now that you and old '63 have fully disclosed, I can join in and thank you for making me feel like a youngster - and giving me at least 12 more years to look forward to riding. :thumbsup:
If you are confessing to being the most mechanically inept, I feel bad relinquishing my title without a contest of some sort. I still consider myself a contender though.
Best of good luck with all those mechanicals, electricals and carbs boiling.

For the record, I had only nice things to say about the "old guys". And Harry, at 73, you're already half way to 146! That's great! I'm half way to 70. I can't wait to know all (or ever some) of what you "old guys" know. I have nothing but respect for your wisdom. Welcome!

welcome.. I can only hope my wife will still let me ride when i hit 70s.. LOL or I,ll have to trade her in for a couple of 40s.. LOL I,m in Ont too and learning as well.. got a xs400 and a Ironhead i,m building... and hopefully i have a honda cx500 coming shortly as well...

Back