Honestly, who rides has Mirrors installed

petei

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of us ride with mirrors and how many don't.
if you do what kind do you use?
If you don't why not? is it legal?

I ride with stock ones.

Here in California you must have at least one mirror to be legal. At first, I just had one mirror but it became annoying not being able to see and having to turn my head to switch lanes..especially on the freeway @ 70MPH. I have both stock mirrors.

Two mirrors. Wouldn't be caught dead w/o them - or maybe I would be! Pair of chrome mirrors of a scoot I had. I would bet the majority of old cycles have had stock mirrors replaced by now because of preference and/or damage.

I run stock plus a little stationary 1"x2" convex mirror on the left. It helps me see the cagers while I'm sitting in "racing mode" on the freeway. :D

Convex mirrors are great. Apart from being much safer as there's no more neck twisting, the double sided tape that holds them, takes the vibes out of the whole assembly for a perfectly clear view

just ordered some of these from ebay.

SF-M06N01-B_MAIN_2WD.jpg

That's what I use on all my bikes. Be forewarned they tend to vibrate loose, first thing I would do if I were you is gently pry the glass out and make sure the screws are all the way in, 3 sets I've had and always 1 screw is only partially in, after I fix that never have a problem other then when I bump the mount, easy to readjust though.

i have one of them on the tracker, so far so good and I got them from China. not paying £30 when they are £13.

That's what I use on all my bikes. Be forewarned they tend to vibrate loose, first thing I would do if I were you is gently pry the glass out and make sure the screws are all the way in, 3 sets I've had and always 1 screw is only partially in, after I fix that never have a problem other then when I bump the mount, easy to readjust though.

Thanks for the heads up. i'l do that when i get them.

Ordered the exact same ones as petei a few months ago. Seem to be fine quality, we'll see how they work in traffic once I get mine on the road again.

I don't. I like the minimalist look, plus from my experience its alot safer to actually just turn your head and look than trust mirrors. In Texas technically your supposed to have 1 mirror but I don't ever get messed with, im sure the antique tag helps.

I don't. I like the minimalist look, plus from my experience its alot safer to actually just turn your head and look than trust mirrors. In Texas technically your supposed to have 1 mirror but I don't ever get messed with, im sure the antique tag helps.

you got some neck to look directly behind you.

I like to see vehicles coming up behind me well before they reach me. (especially the police) :wink2:

you got some neck to look directly behind you.

I like to see vehicles coming up behind me well before they reach me. (especially the police) :wink2:

Haha true, thats just the way i've always ridden. It can get you in trouble if you do it at the wrong times.

You need one here in vancouver, canada so I have a small bar end on the left side. I'm on he fence on this though

Don't you need 2 mirrors in BC?

On my CBR600 the mirrors are pretty useless - I mostly just see my upper arm and shoulder. Only time I use them is when I'm stopped at a light to watch traffic behind me and make sure I'm not gonna get taken up the ass.

Back