Hooked my XS 400 up to a charger to jump, now won't run?

Hmm, makes sense. The battery is also very low. I haven't had a single problem with the starter motor, it didn't smoke or anything, and worked perfect. I think that a blown fuse or a low battery is most likely a culprit, so I will be replacing fuses and battery come Tuesday. And I wouldn't hit it! Lol:laugh: I will follow the test procedures. I think the the voltage rectifier may have some part in it? I am not sure. Before, I would turn over the bike with low voltage, and the solenoid would click. Now I just have dimming of lights, no clicking. If I am right...in the circuit, the solenoid receives power before the starter does. If it was working correctly, it should click still. It doesn't, so that is what has me confused. When I unplugged the jumper, the jumper was feeding 16 volts roughly to the battery, then when I unplugged it...the voltage dropped to roughly 10 volts. I saw the lights dim immediately. It continued running, and I took it for a boot around the block!! :D when I came back, I hit the kill switch, and it wouldn't start again. No clicking or anything, just lights dimming. I believe the sudden drop of voltage may have blown a fuse, or might have finished the already dead battery. I will get to the bottom and follow diagnostic procedures. Was just wondering if you guys had ever experienced such a problem. Thank you all so much for taking the time to help! It I is much appreciated!:)

Back