Hot exhaust + old skin + and cool site = Pipeburn

FlyingAnvil

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
So about 12 days ago when there wasn't a foot of snow on the ground, I went for a crisp afternoon ride. Was parking to bike in front by the door for easy access and hooked my foot in the garden hose reel and it rubbed my right ankle across the hot pipe. Didn't think much of it really until a few days later the burn got worse. At first it was just a little red, but later that night it was whitish, like it had powdered sugar on the ankle. About 3 days later a nice blister formed and I thought wow that came on late. Well day four and the skin comes of in the shower and O boy it's about 2 weeks in now and it still hurts like a SOB. Moral of the story....wear good boots that cover the ankle.
With all the snow and recovering from my motor-bike burn, I found a really cool motorcycle site called......"Pipeburn". I thought what a nice coincidence. just thought I would share this cool site on this cool site.
http://www.pipeburn.com/home/?currentPage=26
I'm no doctor, but I'll take a look!

Attachments

• pipeburn.jpg
    pipeburn.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 162
Lots of us have "been there, done that"! Showed mine to my Doc last year during a routine checkup. He said "Yep, we see lots of those". I was just moving my bike from one place to another but had shorts on and wasn't careful about what the leg touched.

Back