How many of you are fishermen and what is your favorite species?

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Of course since I asked I love it got hooked when I was 5 and 7 started trout fishing out in california.
Now that i live near and very close to the Great lakes Im hooked on salmon and trout fishing.
I have fished small streams,medium and large rivers of all kinds.
I have also fished out on the big boats which is fun as long as the lakes arent rolling too high.Anything over 6ft waves is not fun but i prefer at least 1-3ft chop on the lake when boat fishing.

hi
Have been fishing since i was 6 i fish for carp most of the time now but still have a go at other species now and again.Biggest carp so far is 37lbs 3ozs fishing is a sport you either love it or hate it .I fish lakes most of the time but should try the rivers as you never know what you could hook.

Small Mouth Bass are all demon posessed:D

Pound for pound, baddest fish around.

It says on your Profile you live in Washington.You need to go fishing for chromers.Pound for pound they are rainbow trout on steroids.They will run you along a river bank like a fish thats insaine.They Jump run out line and in a second can be running right at you so fast you cant reel your line fast enough then bullet straight out when you do get your line caught up LOL.Then can reach impressive weights up to 15lbs although in the Great lakes the occasional 20lber will show up.They also are about the only trout/salmonoid species that will bite when the water is close to 32*

It says on your Profile you live in Washington.You need to go fishing for chromers.Pound for pound they are rainbow trout on steroids.They will run you along a river bank like a fish thats insaine.They Jump run out line and in a second can be running right at you so fast you cant reel your line fast enough then bullet straight out when you do get your line caught up LOL.Then can reach impressive weights up to 15lbs although in the Great lakes the occasional 20lber will show up.They also are about the only trout/salmonoid species that will bite when the water is close to 32*

Oh ya!:thumbsup:

I fish for any and all species. I'm the Sturgeon General, the Prince of Perch, The King of Crappie, the Terror of Trout, and the Sultan of Salmon.

Smallies are my favorite for a few reasons. 1) They are an awesome food fish. 2) No other fish I know of fights like a mature smallmouth born and raised in a fast river. River smallies tend to be slightly smaller, and yet, WAY stronger than lake smallies. 3) I like fishing small rivers and streams with really light gear. One of my favorite places is little more than a big ditch, but the water is fast and clean, and I sometimes catch 20-25 fish in 3-4 hours.

I lived in Missouri for 5 years,The state had a ton of small mouth bass streams.I used live crayfish or plastic crawdad imiation baits for them.I fished one of the finest small mouth streams in the state,The Big Piney River.Avery size was about 2-3lbs with 5-6lbers thrown in.Of course theres some fine trout fishing in the state which i took advantage of.I miss fishing the clear cool limestone springfed streams of the ozarks.Not many of those up here in michigan but we do have some fine streams for smallmouth and trout also.
Once again I regodmend to target the silver bullets,once you catch one you will be hooked for life.Living here in michigan the state is blessed with alot of steelhead waters.If the stream isnt frozen and has flowing water theres most likely some steel lurking.
With that being said and as many members that we have here only four of us have spoke up about being fishermen.

out here in jamaica i fish for snappers mostly..mutton,yellowtail,mangove,grey and dog tooth. there is nothing like pulling one of those suckers in and watch them turn on the side to try and go back down:D

Back