How to get Wire harness for xs360...

Renegade106

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a Yamaha xs360 from a friend of mine for $200. It kicks but its in pieces, he had bought it to chop it down into a cafe racer, but he decided it was too ambitious for his first project. Anyway, while he was taking it apart he decided it was Necessary to CUT the original wire harness in multiple places to get the parts unattached from each other. Where do you recommend I look to replace the harness? the few used parts I've managed to find online look like they are in poor shape, and there are no now parts available in the places I've looked. Am I pretty much stuck with used parts or is there another option, I don't believe I have the necessary experience to build one from scratch.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 305
Happen to have all the parts that were cut ? If so maybe piece it back together or make a totaly new one using the old one as a guide ? Hate to say it but finding a new one is going to be impossible unless you have a time machine.................and if so well go get a new bike and bring it back.......

Happen to have all the parts that were cut ? If so maybe piece it back together or make a totaly new one using the old one as a guide ? Hate to say it but finding a new one is going to be impossible unless you have a time machine.................and if so well go get a new bike and bring it back.......
I do have the old harness. In pieces. some of the leads only give me about 1/4" to reattach to and I'm not sure if I trust myself to get those solders correct without interfering with the neighboring wires. I have the Haynes book so I have a wire diagram...

I do have the old harness. In pieces. some of the leads only give me about 1/4" to reattach to and I'm not sure if I trust myself to get those solders correct without interfering with the neighboring wires. I have the Haynes book so I have a wire diagram...

Well they do sell connectors so maybe try one from scratch? You could pretty much make a brand new one. Granted it will take some time but worth it in the end.

Hey, wish I would have seen this before today, I’d have sold you mine. I ended up using parts to make a temporary harness until I build my battery box. I’m building a new harness from scratch but only the basics, I won’t have as many wires. Just build the harness in sections.

charging system is on its own, running through a 20 amp inline fuse to a master switch (no key) then to the battery which also has a power wire running to a distribution box. From there the Power goes through all the fuses and I can make each part of the harness standalone and then group them together how I want them to make it easier later if I need to. One 10 amp fuse will go to the ignition system, another 5 amp fuse will power head and tail light (led rear and 35watt headlight), another 5 amp fuse wired for turn signals with led flasher relay, and another 10 amp fuse wired for the electronic 12v regulator. Oil light will be in there wherever I feel like routing it, skipping the neutral switch wire.

Only electrical my bike will have to power is the headlight, led tail light and turn signals, oil light, And Speedo light, anything else not listed (other than obvious ignition and charging system) is gone. Switches controlled on chassis ground will help save wire, but it’s a good bet to run a ground wire throughout. Either way, complete the circuit how you want.

Back