I have been lurking too much. RE-INTRO! and link

XS400D

Carb Fiddling Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my buddy and I decided to share a blog on our bikes and builds. I am working on my 77 xs400d (no surprise if you look at my handle) and my buddy is building a bobber (it was a tracker build at first) out o his 3 xs650s he picked up for a pretty damn good deal.

I am building more of a cafe style. I already have an extra seat pan since I want to keep the one that I got with the bike so my girlfriend can hop on the back. Clubmans, bar end mirrors and slim signals are in my bedroom but getting the bike running again is priority #1 since I killed the battery and let it sit too long during rainy season.

Paint scheme suggestions? Right now I am thinking cream with black stripes or some sort of brg scheme.

http://backyardbuild.tumblr.com Anyone seen brg stripes on cream?

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
I dig the BRG theme, but it's been done before.. The cream and black would tie in nice with that seat. I really like it, by the way. Once I finally get mine back together (school been keeping me tied up) I'm going to have that ribbed look too.

Nice!

Really like that seat on the last pic. But it's on one of the 650s, right?
Keep it up, and keep posting pics! :)

:bike:

I dig the BRG theme, but it's been done before.. The cream and black would tie in nice with that seat. I really like it, by the way. Once I finally get mine back together (school been keeping me tied up) I'm going to have that ribbed look too.

isigt; said:
Nice!

Really like that seat on the last pic. But it's on one of the 650s, right?
Keep it up, and keep posting pics!

The pic with the seat is my buddy's 650 that he just ordered a hard-tail for. i think eventually he will build a tracker as well

So, uhhh, the vehicle type is kind of odd but these were the best examples of the colors i am thinking of using.

livery1990s-sd.jpg

644842-the-louisville-railway-company-green--cream-with-black-stripe.jpg

Last edited:
Back