I'm about to throw the XS in the lake...

I only have access to the bike for a couple hours in the morning each day since its in my storage unit. That's why it's taking so freaking long to do stupid small things

Charged the battery at home and went to the bike again today after work. Rode it around for 20 minutes. Here's my findings

-tach not working(new cable)
-battery not charging(new yuasa battery)
-having to nearly redline the bike to get it to stay running when I let the clutch out

So I have been working on my bike out of my storage unit and I'm done with doing that. I don't have the space to work on the bike, no matter what parts I throw at the bike I can't get it 100%, so I sold it to a guy I know. I'm fucking done with this pile of garbage. I'll buy a FUEL INJECTED R6 at the end of this month and be done wasting riding time.

Sorry to hear that. This is the world of old bikes. You either deal with it or quit:bike:

Well now that I'm done throwing my temper tantrum and I've relaxed a little, friday I ended up buying the bike back. I was determined to get it running good so I worked on it until it was good. Here's what I found

-ended up removing the rubber vibration dampener under the battery because the terminals were touching the seat pan causing the battery to die

-this whole time the high idle was from my idle screw being set for a cold start, not when fully warmed. Adjusted it down a full turn and she idles mint

-rode the bike for 200 miles this weekend, 50 miles at a time and she goes good

-$8 to fill the tank and it lasts me around 120 miles

-there is a noticeable difference in top speed when using 91 or 93 octane gas (70 is about all she has)

I'm super happy with it now. Thank you guys for your patience!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432671976.757066.jpg

Back