Intro and hello all

harlem

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have been a member of the forum for a few weeks now and find a lot of thei information here very interesting. I bought a xs400 around the beginning of March and of course it is a project. I wanted to buy something I could work on and possibly learn how to fix and the xs400 fit the bill it is a 1981 xs400sh ID number 4r4-005502 and when I got her it didn't start but finally got her started and idling roughly. I still have to address a bunch of issues with the bike but thought I should introduce myself and say thanks for all the great information that is on this site.

Welcome to the site Harlem :thumbsup: Just a tip....nobody believes you even own a bike without pictures :shrug: That's how we roll around here, lol.

Here are some pics of the bike just so that you know it's legit:) The guy before me had this thing in shambles and I picked her up for $375 which in my excitement for a first bnike I probably paid $100 too much for it. It ran but would die out shortly after so I cleaned the carbs and got her running. After cleaning it idled okay but still rough with a lot of vibration so most likely a tune up is in order. There is still a lot to do with it for example the flashers don't work and the electronic ignition is still just decoration on the bike. Thanks for the warm welcome.

full

full

full

full

full

Back