Introducing myself. xs400 cafe project

hashtag_g

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I'm a engineering student at Ohio State and proud xs400 owner for about a year now. I also own a stock cbr600f4i. I'm going for the stripped down cafe look and i'm hoping to get the bike on the road in the next few weeks. Let me know what you think!

(Seat and tank just mocked up for a picture, still have a lot of electric work to do.)

Attachments

• IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1276.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 329
Looks good... welcome to the show! I am just starting on my bike and tring to get it on the road this season.

I'll check the tires when I get home, I know they look more like something that should be on a sport bike. The previous owner also had the seat pan set up so that a bolt was rubbing on the tire and it now has some damage.

Where did you get your seat pan? I like the profile.

The seat is off ebay from user:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/shiznits75?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I sent him the dims of my seat pan and he did everything custom with cold rolled steel. It fits great. The only downside was when I got it painted the paint guy used some bondo to even out some imperfections around the crown of the seat cowl. I didn't notice it at all when it was unpainted but apparently it was visible after a coat of primer.

Back